Complaints, according to consumer rights, are an indispensable law that is imposed on us and which we can use at any time. This option also applies to advertising of banking services. How to create it? What to look for? What to do if the consideration period is extended? As part of the answers to these questions, we have prepared a complaint model and the most important hints that will allow you to prepare the correct file.
What to provide in a complaint to the bank?
When deciding to submit a written complaint, we must include several most important, component elements. Including them in the content will certainly improve the process and thus receive a final decision. Therefore, these elements stand out:
- personal data that will identify us as consumers of the bank. In this element, you must mention your name, surname, PESEL or NIP number if the complaint is made by a company, not a private person.
- contact details that will allow for quick correspondence – starting from the phone number, to email or home address
- data that will identify the source of the complaint – account number, contract number
- complaint content, being the main source of information. It should include: the reason for the complaint, reservations, conditions and expectations that this complaint brings.
- it is worth to indicate in the complaint the optimal communication route for us and the response to the submitted application.
Complaint pattern, or how to write a complaint to the bank?
Complaints submitted to the bank may relate to any area, and thus – the contract binding us. This form is a type of complaint, which is the basis for changing or terminating the services provided so far. So, if we are not satisfied with the course of the service, we experience a number of irregularities, then there can be a complaint.
The complaint should be explicit, short and clearly portraying the problem. It is important to include our arguments, expectations and unfulfilled promises. You don’t need a lawyer or ombudsman – you can write such a document yourself.
Remember to indicate clearly in the application what is the reason for our complaint. In this element, the complaint may relate to both the method of calculating fees, the quality of services rendered, failure to comply with the declaration or contract, errors, as a result of which we have become victims.
How to make a declaration at the bank?
The document can be folded in a variety of ways, among them there are:
- classic written form, submitted at our bank’s outlet
- in writing, sent via Polish post
- during a telephone conversation that is being recorded
- using electronics, including electronic banking
- using the form available on the website of our facility
- by fax
The waiting time for an answer, according to Polish law, is 30 days. It happens, however, that this process is extended by another 30 days. The response to the complaint takes place by means of a letter, sms, text message sent to the email address, as well as after a telephone conversation. The response, in addition to approval or refusal, must also contain the reasons for the decision, information about the entity (together with an indication of the elements of the contract), name of the person who is responsible for the decision
In the event of a delay, we have the right to require both the reason for this delay and a specific new deadline for complaint processing.